Last year, I did so much for my classroom, but this summer we don't have access to our rooms until the end of July (boo!). No worries, though- I wanted to share something I made for our house that you can easily adjust for your classroom: Flickr Word Art!
This is hanging near our entryway at home, but I can easily see something like this at school with your last name, school name, class initials (mine is 3VH), and more!!
For this project you will need:
- an idea for a name
- this website: http://metaatem.net/words/
- a way to print photos (I use Snapfish to organize them into an album and then print to the Walgreens across the street)
- a frame (the one I used with seven openings comes from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and was about $20, plus I had a 20% off coupon- woo hoo!)
- choose letters that have space on the left and right so they won't get cropped when you print them for a 4x6" frame
- I recommend opening the photos in a new tab/window- don't click on them directly or you could risk losing your pretty selections!
- choose photos that come in Large sizes- you want the highest resolution possible for a clean photo
- save your photos with specific names- this will ensure you have all of them in the right spots later on
- you may want to find a few back-up letters to print, just in case you change your mind :)
- I also recommend printing them in black & white or sepia- this will make the final look very cohesive and professional :)
A link to the frame I used (can't find it on the B,B&B website, but it's the same one) can be found HERE.
Tip: If you can't find a frame that holds the amount of letters you need, you can always frame them individually and hang them next to each other- this would look especially cool for initials!
I hope this was helpful and that it's given you some fun ideas for your home or class. Be sure to check out the rest of the creative ideas on 4th Grade Frolics' Monday Made-It and have a great week ahead!