Classroom Resolution #1:
I will channel my students' wiggles and energy in a positive and engaging way!
This could also be titled, "I will not go crazy during indoor recess" if you live in a snowy state like I do!
As testing approaches and the weather gets colder, classroom management tends to get harder and harder. Plus, there seems to be stress on everyone to do more and more, oftentimes with less and less breaks.
Enter my #1 bestselling product (and currently #12 all-time TpT bestselling product!): Brain Breaks for the Classroom!!
The idea of these are simple, but will have profound effects on your class, I promise! Each choice (there are 65 of them!) comes with an explanation and a circle with a Brain Break and illustration. All you need to do is cut them out, laminate them, and hot glue them to a popsicle stick. I keep all of mine in a bucket from Target's Dollar Spot and pull them whenever we need a quick break!
I have heard so many exciting ways to mix these up, including:
- color-coding the sticks with red sticks= energizing Brain Break and green sticks= calming Brain Breaks
- putting a calming Brain Break on one side and an energizing Brain Break on the other side of the same stick
- having kids choose them or even assigning a student to be Brain Break Leader-- this can work especially well with a student who could use some leadership practice!
- mounting them on a poker chip instead of popsicle sticks and keeping them in a basket
- using them for team-building, transitions, class rewards, partner work, indoor recess
- .... and more!!!
This is the first giveaway and you can enter below using Rafflecopter. All giveaways will end at the stroke of midnight on January 1, 2014 and I will be emailing the winner later that afternoon.
Be sure to enter all of the giveaways happening this week:Image fonts from KG Fonts & Jen Jones, frame from Creative Clips, images from Scrappin' Doodles