The Second Grade Superkids, tagged me with these questions:
1. What is your favorite color to paint your nails?
I bite my nails (HORRIBLE habit!), so I never paint my fingernails, but I love to paint my toenails either dark, dark red or bright red.
2. Do you have anything that you collect in your classroom to display (ie. I have an obsession with sock monkeys!)
Our school mascot is the dolphin (weird, since we are in the Rocky Mtns.), so I have acquired quite a few dolphin items over the past seven years (from students, I don’t really collect anything).
3. What is something you do every year for open house at your school (ours is coming up and I would love ideas!)?
I never did anything too fun, but thanks to Pinterest, I have a whole host of new ideas. I created a board for Beginning/End of Year activities to catch them all.
4. Do you have a pet....do share!?
I have a wonderful chocolate lab that my husband and I adopted from the Humane Society about 5 years ago. She is our first child and we love, love, love her. It’s been awesome to see her and our 11 month old together- too cute!
5. What time do you usually wake up and get to school on a typical school day?
My alarm goes off at 5:30 and I am usually up at 6. I try to get to school before 7:30 and thankfully I only live 5 minutes away. Kids come in at 8 and I am NOT a morning person, so I need all the lead time I can get ;)
6. What did you dress up as on the last Halloween that you dressed up?
7. What is something silly that you are afraid of? (I am afraid of fish...silly right? or so I am told!)
Kids wiggling their loose teeth- it makes me want to pass out or gag!
8. What is your favorite part of working at your school, besides the students in your classroom?
My teammates- I have the two best fellow 3rd grade teachers and they make me a better teacher and a more sane person :) I am also lucky to teach at a school with a few of my besties, so really, the adults make it as much fun as the kids!!
9. What tv show do you can you absolutely not miss each week?
This is embarrassing, but Hoarders, Storage Wars (the original), and Dance Moms…. I have problems.
10. What is the #1 thing you hope your students leave your classroom remembering at the end of the year?
How much fun they had, how much they laughed, how they became more responsible and independent, and how much their third grade teacher loved them :)
1. What is the one thing that you couldn't live without in your class?
Music- Pandora is my best friend
2. If you could teach any grade, what would it be and why?
Third- I love every single thing about it!
3. What is your absolute favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese
4. What does a typical morning breakfast look like for you?
Coffee, Greek yogurt, and an apple
5. Nicest thing that a parent has ever said to you?
It was the best year their child has ever had
6. Most touching moment with/from a student
I seem to have lots- any that make me laugh and tear up at the same time rank up there pretty high
7. Favorite website besides blogger and Pinterest?
I didn’t know there were other ones ;) I love Beth Newingham’s website- she has amazing ideas and was the first teacher “blog” I ever found and stalked
8. Best place you've ever traveled to and why?
Peru- completely amazing and my husband proposed to me at the end <3
9. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
10. About how much time, on average, would you say that you spend doing things for school?
I really try to keep school at school and let home be just for my husband, myself, and Little Girl. That being said, I definitely pull late evenings in the classroom from time to time!
Apples & ABC’s tagged me with these:
1. If you could teach any other grade, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite beverage?
3. What is your favorite store to shop for goodies for your classroom?
Hobby Lobby and Target
4. What inspired you to start blogging?
I loved learning from all of the other teachers and wanted to be a part of this great community. You all help make me a way better teacher!
5. What is your favorite unit/lesson that you have blogged (add link)?
Brain Breaks, it’s awesome and you should try some tomorrow!
6. Would you rather teach at a year-round school, or traditional school (what is that called??)?
I guess traditional since that’s what I am used to. Although it would be nice to travel during an off-peak time.
7. Are you reading The Hunger Games?
No, but I saw the movie and really want to. Maybe this summer?
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Right now, anyplace with an ocean, sunshine, and no responsibilities :)
9. What is your favorite jungle animal?
I love the teeny tiny frogs- their color is amazing (even if they are deadly!)
10. Who is your favorite children's author?
Wow, I have so so so so so many. I would say Peter H. Reynolds because the simplicity of his books coupled with his touching messages always make me happy!
Now, onto tagging other great bloggers!
My 10 Questions:
- What is your favorite subject/unit to teach?
- What is your favorite school supply?
- What is your favorite non-teaching blog?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you visit?
- Have you ever made anything from Pinterest? How did it turn out?
- What's your cure for a bad day?
- What is one piece of advice that you would give to a newbie teacher blogger?
- What's one item that is always in your fridge?
- What are your plans for this summer?
- What is one thing you never leave the house without?
The 3am Teacher
Third Grade Bookworm
Read and Black and Learning All Over
3 Teacher Chicks
3rd Grade Times
Good night and have a wonderful week ahead!