We first gathered in the Meeting Area and did a simple Mirror and Teach-Okay with the four operations. It went something like this:
- In math, there are four operations we have learned (hold up four fingers). They are:
- Addition (make a plus sign with both forearms)
- Subtraction (hold one forearm across your body)
- Multiplication (make a "x" with your forearms)
- Division (hold one forearm at a diagonal)
We then made a quick foldable with two pieces of copy paper and wrote these operations along the bottom of each layer.
By the end, we had written down something for each operation and had colored over most of our words to make it look nice :)
|This little guy noticed he could write "m-a-t-h" down the side :)|
It was a fun, quick, and easy way to review these terms and also create something that will be close by throughout our next problem solving unit when these words are showing up all over the place!